How CPD Benefits Employers and Employees
Thu, 23 May 2019 16:09
Progression is the process of developing or moving gradually towards a more advanced state. This is true for both personal and professional life. On a personal level, we are constantly progressing in terms of gaining knowledge, such as learning new DIY skills around the house or experiencing a different culture while travelling.
At work, employees practice continued professional development (CPD) to become better at their jobs and contribute to the progression of the organisation they work for. How effective or fast that progression is, depends greatly on how often employers encourage employees to learn and engage in CPD. So how does CPD benefit you and your employees?
Keeping the Standards Up for Employers
Employers play a key role in CPD for employees. For high performing businesses, this means that learning and development is imbibed within your culture. Employers invest in learning and development programs, actively encouraging employees to reap the benefits of CPD. The benefits of CPD for employers include:
- Ensures high standards throughout the organisation.
- Contributes positively to an organisation's growth and success.
- Enables a culture of learning and promotes a healthy working relationship with employees.
- Boosts employee productivity and helps build a more efficient and motivated workforce.
- Improves employee retention as employees feel valued and loyal to the company.
- Enables employers to embrace change and react to the shifts within your industry.
Learning and Development for Employees
Without CPD, employees may struggle to keep up with the ever-changing world of work. This is especially true if your business involves compliance, where regulations and official advice is constantly being added or updated. It is also a great way to keep employees engaged and passionate about their work.
The benefits of CPD for employees include:
- Keeps qualifications up to date, helping learners gain relevant skills on the job.
- Plugs any gaps in knowledge and enable employees to adapt to the fast-moving world.
- Aids in improved productivity at work and the ability to learn and improve.
- Enables employees to demonstrate ambition, aptitude and willingness to learn new skills.
- Keeps employees focussed on the pathway to career progression, leading to job security and achieving success at work.
CPD is, therefore, beneficial and essential for both employers and employees. CPD goes beyond just learning and development. It is instrumental in building a happy and knowledgeable workforce with a great working relationship between employees and employers. Further channelling down to customers and prospects, it can enhance a business's reputation among customers and clients as well as future employees.
Accredited eLearning from DeltaNet International
DeltaNet International's eLearning courses are accredited and can be purchased individually or as one great value package. Our Compliance eLearning courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service. While Health and Safety eLearning courses are accredited by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA). Visit our product pages for more information.