10 tips for your staff training
Some of the areas you could consider include:
Health and Safety
Many members of staff will have been furloughed for months, so it's worthwhile investing time in refresher training and going over the hygiene and safety basics.
- Do my staff remember best practice for storing, preparing, cooking and handling food?
- Are these completed and up to date? What new risks do I need consider and manage?
- Are my staff aware how best to protect themselves and others from injury?
Slips, trips, and falls
- All signs point to a busy period ahead, are accidents more likely to happen?
- My employees have been through a lot this year, have I helped ensure a positive work environment?
Well-trained staff know and understand compliance best practices, mitigating risks and complying with the law.
- Do my staff know and understand data privacy laws? Will they remember how to handle and store data securely?
- Phishing attacks and social engineering are on the rise; do my staff have enough awareness training to protect our business?
Equality and diversity
- Have I taken positive action to promote equality and equal opportunity?
Prioritising clear and consistent employee training will not only improve staff performance, but also enhances work-culture and boosts efficiency.
- Are my guests having the best possible experience?
Stress management and wellbeing
- Healthy behaviours help build healthy workplaces; am I supporting my employees' wellness?