AML in Money Service Businesses
Anti-Money Laundering training for Money Service Businesses
Our specialist Anti-money Laundering for MSB's eLearning course is divided into six short-courses (or modules) so that learners can take and revisit specific topics as required. Each module tackles an important element in the fight against money laundering, focusing equally on current regulation standards and increased awareness as to the red flags and signs of money laundering activity. The course is broken-down into the following modules:
- Legislation, Responsibility, and Policy
- What is Money Laundering?
- Identifying Unusual Activity
- Reporting Unusual Activity
- Travel and Corporate Customers
- Accounting Red Flags
- Decision Making
What to Expect
Suitable for employees at all levels, our anti-money laundering short-courses cover the following information collectively:
- What money laundering is and how and why it takes place
- What constitutes a money laundering offence
- What the 'regulated sector' is, and the role of the bodies that regulate it
- An overview of unusual activities which may indicate money laundering taking place
- What to look out for with both regular customers and new customers to spot signs of money laundering
- A close look at money laundering legislation, e.g. POCA (Proceeds of Crime Act 2002), MAR (Market Abuse Regulations), and CFA (Criminal Finances Act 2017)
- What the regulations require from 'relevant persons' in your organisation
- The roles, responsibilities, and policies your organisation must put in place to comply with legislation
- An in-depth look at the accounting 'red flags' that indicate a high-risk for money laundering activity
- What transaction patterns are and how to stay aware of them
Subscribe to Compliance Essentials for a library of eLearning courses to meet your governance, risk management and compliance (GRC) training requirements. Subscription includes delivery through our Astute eLearning Platform, putting you in control of your compliance training programme all year round.
Calculate Your Cost
For 150+ learners, please contact us for a quote.
Exchange rates are updated regularly but are only intended as a guide.
A money services business (MSB) is a legal term used by financial regulators to describe businesses that transmit or convert money. It's important that these organisations understand and can meet the special legal requirements placed on them as these exist to help battle organised crime and terrorist financing in the UK and beyond. Some of these requirements place additional duties and responsibilities on organisations operating within the regulated sector because of the high-risk nature their work.
Great Value Package
Our Compliance Essentials Suite includes all of our compliance training in one neat bundle, as well as access to our 'Take 5' microlearning courses (compact five-minute courses in the form of challenges, presentations, and short games). The suite also includes regular course updates to ensure compliance with new legislation and working practises.
What's more, our intelligent eLearning platform Astute makes it easy to evaluate learners progress, providing detailed audit trails and infographics analytics.
- All courses in the Compliance eLearning Suite
- Astute eLearning Platform
- Branded, downloadable posters
- Updated courses and platform enhancements
- Dedicated Account Manager
- Unlimited help desk support
Astute LMS: Designed to empower your workforce
You can get this course on a fully hosted platform - Astute
Our customers love Astute's user-friendly design and the freedom to automate many admin fuctions.
Whether you're new to eLearning, or just in need of a fresh start, Astute can help your organisation create a powerful learning culture.
Astute creates a robust audit-trail for L&D managers, compliance managers and auditors, making it easy to measure results and track employee progress.
Get up and running quickly with our secure cloud-based platform which allows learners access to eLearning content anytime, anywhere over the internet. Since we host Astute, there's no need to devote time or resources to installation and set-up - it's ready when you are.
Astute streamlines many manual processes such as course enrolments, chase / trigger emails, and automated reporting through its advanced automation features. Take the administrative burden out of your training activities.
Need Astute in multiple languages? No problem. We delivery multilingual programmes for many global organisations, and currently support more than 30 languages.
Administrators can create forms for things like expenses claims, gift and hospitality registers, holiday requests, and much more. Approval and workflow rules can also be set for each form. Every-day reporting made easy!
Provide your users with personalised skills-assessments to help them reach their personal goals with individual learning plans and progress reports.
Distribute learning materials and associated policies easily to your employees, and quickly track who has or hasn't completed the task at the click of a button.
Support your learning initiatives offline through Astute's Brand-on-Demand poster campaigns. Choose from over 500 customisable templates to reinforce key compliance messages.
Because one size doesn't fit all, Astute allows different departments, branches, or group-companies to segregate and brand their own log-in portals and customise permissions to suit their needs.