Our manual handling training courses
Our manual handling training courses are designed to give employees a comprehensive overview of how to approach manual handling correctly to minimise the risk of injury and create a safe, compliant workplace. All industries can benefit from completing manual handling training exercises because lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing and pulling are things that almost everyone does, no matter what their line of work.
Courses are suitable for all levels of staff and are CPD Certified, RoSPA Assured and IOSH Approved.
Our online manual handling training covers:
- What qualifies as a manual handling task
- How to assess and reduce manual handling risks
- How to move an object safely
- Employee and employer responsibilities
- How the spine works
- The TILE risk assessment technique
- One- and two-person manual handling tasks
- Work activities that affect the spine
- Areas of the spine at risk and risk assessments for spinal damage
- How to achieve good posture
Manual handling questions and answers
Everyone in the workplace should be required to take manual handling training to help reduce the risk of injury. This includes employers, supervisors, managers, staff, volunteers and site visitors.
Over a third of all work related injuries are from manual handling. Back injuries are the biggest cause of staff absence in the UK and yet most are completely preventable.
Manual handling training involves educating workers in the proper techniques for lifting, lowering, pushing, pulling, holding and carrying objects. It covers everything your employees need to know about manoeuvring loads safely.
Manual handling training is a legal requirement in any situation where your staff are required to do any lifting, lowering, pulling or pushing that involves any level of risk. Most work environments require staff to carry out some form of manual handling whether it’s putting boxes on a shelf, painting a wall, gardening, cleaning, writing or typing.
At a minimum, staff should receive training when they first join an organisation, but HSE recommends that training should be refreshed at least once a year.
Why choose our Manual Handling Training?
Put simply, because it is put together by subject matter experts who know their specialisms inside out. The training your employees will get cuts straight to the point and offers practical, actionable insights into the recommended behaviour.
Our training will empower your employees to play an active part in ensuring both their own safety and that of the business.
Our online Manual Handling courses keep your learners engaged with their training and helps them to retain as much information as they possibly can.
We utilise a refreshing blend of learning techniques including:
- Gamified, challenge based learning
- Microlearning (5 minute, bite sized training courses specifically designed to maximise engagement and knowledge retention)
This variety of learning styles helps to counter employees views of mandatory regulatory training being boring and repetitive especially when they have to do it year after year.The breadth and depth of content that our Customer Service training offers ensure that you can serve your employees fresh content which is visually appealing, engaging and interactive to counter learner fatigue.
Our pricing structure
We offer tailored services as well as our off the shelf packages, offering you exceptional value for money.
All of the courses in our Compliance, Health and Safety or Performance Training ranges in one package plus exceptional benefits including our AI driven Learning Experience Platform, Astute and unlimited support!
From as little as
Per learner per year
Get a response within 1 working day
Get in touch
For a tailored quote
Get a response within 1 working day
We will collaborate with you every step of the way and fully support you towards the delivery of a world class eLearning programme.
What do we do differently?
Our Instructional Designers create the content and are highly skilled educators who understand how to create experiences that make learning easy, engaging and actually enjoyable!
What we don’t have is people who simply sit and program software to create eLearning.
What we do have is people with a passion for creating engaging, memorable learning experiences that actually help employees to retain information and ultimately help your employees to stay safe in the workplace.
How do users take their courses?
Our courses can be taken online but for optimum performance we recommend using them with our intelligent, AI driven Learning Experience Platform- Astute.
Are translated versions of your courses available?
Why choose DeltaNet International?
- We have over 20 years’ experience helping Mid-Market and Enterprise level clients achieve their Compliance, Health and Safety and Performance Training objectives
- We currently help over 1000 clients to create compliant, safe, high performing teams
- We are a trusted solutions provider to the likes of Sony, BMW, Allianz, eToro, Canon, Suzuki and Electrolux
- With PLC financial backing, we are constantly funding innovation, developing new products and learning techniques to help your business achieve its goals